|Not my finest food blog photo moment. I was at work, using my camera phone, |
and it was a Monday morning....what do you want? :)
What you need-ingredients
- 1/2 C dry quinoa, rinsed in a seive
- 1/2 C bulgar wheat
- 1 cup of water and 1 cup of whole milk is what I used because I had it on hand. You could also use 2 cups of skim milk, or, even better, almond milk. I love almond milk. Paraguay has never heard of almond milk.
- toppings: I used about a tablespoon of brown sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, golden raisins, and a few almonds. I also topped it with a little more milk when I heated it up.
What do do-Directions
- Add the first three ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil, then turn down heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa "pops." If you are doing this the night before, put into single-serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- If eating immediately, add toppings, stir, and enjoy! If not, heat up, then add toppings and eat. Tasty!