What You Need:
For the fish:
- 2 filets white fish, I used tilapia
- a couple of tablespoons each of olive oil and lemon juice
- minced garlic, probably 2 cloves worth
For the veggies:
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 C chopped pecans
- sprinkling of goat cheese, or other cheese of choice.
What To Do:
- Put fish filets in a ziplock bag or baking dish with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut up veggies.
- Toss with oil, salt, pepper, and pecans. If you don't want to dirty a bowl, put in a baking pan and toss.
- Put in oven, set timer for 20 minutes, stir once while cooking.
- After 20 minutes, make room for the fish and place it in the same dish.
- Allow to cook for about 10 more minutes. My fish filets were thin and only took 9. Thicker filets might take up to 15 minutes.
- Take it all out. Sprinkle veggies with goat cheese and enjoy!
You'll notice that this is an awful lot of veggies for 2 fish filets. I like to have leftover veggies to add to my lunches all week, and prefer fish fresh...adjust as necessary for your needs.