What you need/ Ingredients:
- About 30 ounces of homemade or premade red enchilada sauce (3 cans)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup dry red lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1.5-2 cups of cooked, chopped chicken
- optional: chopped up bell pepper and/or grated carrot
- 6 flour tortillas
- grated cheddar or other cheese (1.5-2 cups)
- garnishes: sour cream, black olives, and/or chopped cilantro
What to do/ Directions
- In a medium pan, over medium low heat, stir one can (10 ounces) or enchilada sauce with one cup of water, and bring to a simmer.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add the lentils and onion and let cook on low, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add cooked chicken and veggies, stir until heated through.
- Spread one can or about 10 ounces into the bottom of a casserole dish, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Put lentil mixture into tortillas, roll, and add into pan.
- Spread remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with grated cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish and enjoy!