This recipe was inspired by one with noodles that I wanted to make lower carb-and of course I had to add some extra veggies while I was at it. It turned out to be tasty and quite filling (thanks, whole cream and cheese!)
Makes about 7 servings of 1.5 cups.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dry basil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste, depending on if you like spice)
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cooked spaghetti squash, pulled apart with 2 forks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. If your spaghetti squash isn't cooked, insert the grate and a cup of water, and cook for 15 minutes. While it's cooking, get all your veggies chopped. Quick release, remove squash,cut in half, scoop out seeds, and shred 1/2 of the squash into long, spaghetti-like strands.
2. Rinse pot out if used for step 1. Choose "saute" on the instant pot. Add butter to melt.
3. Add broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and stir. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add red bell pepper, seasoned salt, paprika, basil, red pepper flakes, and stir. Press “Cancel” on Instant Pot.
5. Layer chicken breast pieces on top in Instant Pot. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in chicken broth. Spread spaghetti squash on top. Push down so it gets covered by liquid. Place lid on Instant Pot, moving valve to “Sealing.”
6. Press “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” and select High Pressure for 6 minutes.
7. Once timer is done, do a quick release by moving valve to vent. Open lid and stir to loosen up spaghetti squash. Add frozen peas, heavy cream, and cheese and continue to stir.
8. Press “Cancel” and then select Sauté. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring to thicken the sauce. If you find it too thin, you can add in a little bit of flour, xantham gum, tapioca flour, or arrowroot starch.
Adapted from https://www.myforkinglife.com/pressure-cooker-instant-pot-chicken-spaghetti/?utm_term=instapot%20recipes&utm_campaign=8257557664
As calculated by MyFitnessPal
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 25 g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 12 g||62 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 101 mg||34 %|
|Sodium 867 mg||36 %|
|Potassium 457 mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 30 g||59 %|
|Vitamin A||31 %|
|Vitamin C||42 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Post a Comment