Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Grilled Salmon with Mango Cilantro Salsa

I'm not sure what it is, but the combination of salmon, mango, and cilantro is DIVINE! It's mango season and grilling season! This is a great, healthy dinner.

Serves 2.
What you need:
 1 mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 T minced garlic
1/2 T minced jalapeno (more or less to taste)
1 T lime juice
1/8-1/4 C chopped cilantro
3 green onions, green part only, chopped

2 salmon filets, mine were skinless (scale-less?) and about 7 ounces
salt and pepper
1 t. olive oil

If possible, make salsa ahead of time. Peel and chop mango, getting as much flesh off the pit as possible. Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl and put in the fridge to chill.

Rub salmon fillets with olive oil and a dash of salt at pepper. Let them warm up as you preheat the grill to medium heat. I have a thing about scales so I buy fillets without-but if your fish has scales, put it scale-side down. I cook it on foil so it doesn't fall through and because I lost the neat cedar planks I bought. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish, but it should be pink and flake easily. I like my meat pretty well-cooked, and I'd say it took mine about 10 minutes per side.


Top cooked salmon with salsa and enjoy!

Suggested side: any veggie, especially one you can throw on the grill. Look, no dishes to wash! (Well, not too many)





Verdict:
Totally delicious. I could eat this just about every night. This time my mango salsa seemed to make more than the first time I made it; could possibly cover 3 salmon pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment