Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baked Anaheim "poppers"

These are not so much inspired by, but a direct copycat attempt of Toni's cousin Kim's appetizer. We had these in Alaska and gobbled them up! I liked the anaheim peppers (in Alaska) because they were much milder than jalepenos. But the ones I got in Colorado were H-O-T! I guess it just depends on the pepper, like jalepenos, but if you really don't care for spice or are feeding these to kids, you can always use bell peppers.

These are traditionally appetizers, but I ate them all myself and called it lunch. :) Obviously if you are serving a crowd, make more!





What you need:
-Anaheim peppers (3)
-2 Laughing cow cheese wedges of your choice
-1 egg white
-1 C. corn flakes, crushed

What to do:
-Cut the peppers in half longwise and scoop out seeds and ribs-I'm thinking my peppers might have been hot because I was a little lazy with the ribs.

-Spread about 1/3 cheese wedge in each pepper
-brush with egg whites and coat in corn flakes
-bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until corn flakes turn brown

One thing I struggled with was getting the cornflakes to stick. My mom recommended whipping up the egg whites next time before dipping so hopefully that helps! Let me know if you have tips, too!

Nutrition info
For a serving size of 3 poppers (appetizer), 2 WW points. If you eat them all, 5 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment