What you need: (serves 4-6)
-olive oil, salt and pepper if using raw chicken
-1 onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, chopped
-2 T curry
-1+ cup chicken broth
-1 C red lentils
-1-2 chicken breasts, cooked or raw, cut into bite-sized chunks either way
-1 can/2 cups coconut milk (I didn't use the whole thing, 500g, pictured, but easily could have. I was just trying to make it easy to convert to a can measurement!)
-at least 2 cups of chopped veggies. Just clean out the crisper drawer! I used 1 head broccoli, a little bit of cauliflower, 1 bell pepper, and a carrot. Also good: potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, or edamame.
Not used but recommended: ginger. Sorry, since I didn't use it I don't want to give you an amount. But add at the same time of the curry and leave a comment with how much you used!
- Chop everything up ahead of time.
- Heat oil over medium (US) or low (PY) heat.
- **only if using raw chicken: add chicken to pan, salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and save for later. If your chicken is already cooked, skip to next step.
- Add onion and saute until translucent
- Add garlic, saute until fragrant
- Add curry and saute until fragrant
- Put lentils and chicken broth into pan, turn down to low heat, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. If in PY, stir frequently so lentils don't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add coconut milk, veggies, and cooked chicken to the pan. At this point I also added a little extra chicken broth because it looked like it needed more liquid. You could do this or add more coconut milk or water. Allow everything to simmer together for about 10 minutes. Taste the lentils and make sure they are soft enough.
- Serve! Over rice or noodles or plain.
Post a Comment