What You Need
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups of your favorite type of milk and/or water. I used about a cup of coconut milk and a cup of water.
- Toppings of choice: I like raisins, cinnamon, and a tiny bit of brown sugar. Sometimes I throw on a few almonds, too.
What to do
- RINSE the quinoa. Most people who don't like quinoa didn't rinse before preparing.
- Put the rinsed quinoa and your 2 cups of liquid into a pot, and boil over low heat until the quinoa "pops." Optional, but not recommended step: go to turn on the stove, realize you are out of propane, and go cook your quinoa outside on the grill instead.
- Serve, or dole out into your dishes for the week. I always eat my breakfast at work so I like to have it ready to grab from the fridge to go. The hardest part of this whole recipe (for me) was finding 4 clean containers with lids!
- Heat when ready to serve, if you aren't eating it right away. (I like to eat it hot, but I guess you could eat it cold too).