What you need/Ingredients:
- 5 bell peppers
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb/1/2 kilo ground meat
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 T cumin, or more to taste
- 1/2 T chili powder, or more to taste
- grated cheese
- optional add-ons: mushrooms and almost any veggie go great! If you have more veggies you can use half the meat. Add them in at the same time as the onions.
What to do/Instructions:
- Cook quinoa according to instructions-usually it's 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. Don't forget to rinse it first!!
- Wash and cut peppers. If you can find the shape that stands up, go for it! Peppers here aren't quite shaped right for that so I cut them in half. Arrange in a baking dish. Not all of mine fit, I had to use a second, smaller pan. If you arrange them snugly, they'll stay where you put them better. Same thing if you cook standing up.
- Preheat oven to 375. If you like really well-cooked peppers, you can throw them in, without stuffing, for a few minutes. I personally like to just cook them in the toppings and have them a little crunchier.
- Start browning the meat. Drain off fat when meat is about half cooked, and add onions, cumin, and chili powder. Cook meat through.
- Add tomatoes. When quinoa is cooked, gently stir it into the meat mixture as well.
- Stuff the mixture into the peppers.
- *Oven disclaimer* I have a South American oven (no top burners) on gas, using Celcius. Your oven is probably different so just keep an eye on it! Cook the peppers for about 20 minutes, then add cheese and cook a few minutes more. Everything in them is cooked so it really just depends on how well you want your peppers done.
Post a Comment