I didn't plan on publishing this one when I started making it, so I only took a couple of photos, and they were with my phone. My bad. Usually recipes need some tweaking before becoming blog-worthy, but I thought this one was a winner!
What you need:
2 acorn squash
1/2 onion, diced
1 carrot, sliced thinly
about 1.5 cups of cut up asparagus OR broccoli florets (including stems), or a combo of both.
chopped celery (optional-I didn't have any-but would add nice flavor)
4 garlic cloves, smashed
about 1/3 C walnuts
a splash of broth
a splash of white or red wine vinegar
What to do:
- Cut squash in half, brush or spray with oil, and put cut-side down on aluminum foil in the oven for 40 minutes on 400 degrees (or until soft)
- While squash is cooking, sauté onion and carrot in oil until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add broccoli stem
- Add 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Add about 8 asparagus spears and ½ head broccoli, chopped small, a little broth and wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste, and saute a few minutes more, then add walnuts
- Stuff squash with filling, cover in cheese, bake at 350 for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Eat with a spoon. I eat as a main dish.