have on hand! I think the only necessities are some sort of broth and the wontons; I was determined to use what I had on hand and not run to the grocery store!
- 3 C broth of your choice
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast (between 1/2-1 C) shredded, omit or sub with tofu if vegetarian
- 1 t minced garlic or about 3 cloves, minced
- a dash of seasoning salt
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced thinly, 1/4 bell pepper, chopped into small pieces, other vegetables that would work are peas and bok choy
- a dash of soy sauce
- a dash of red wine or rice wine vinegar
- rice or ramen noodles, if desired
- about 8 frozen wontons (mine are tiny and only take 1-2 minutes to cook-check your bag for instructions)
- green onions or dried scallions
This is super easy but it helps to read cooking instructions for noodles, if you use them, and wontons. I added all ingredients before the noodles in order and heated to a simmer. My noodles needed 5 minutes and my wontons 1-2--so I added the noodles and set a timer for 3 minutes, then added the wontons and scallions, and set a timer for 2 minutes-that's it! Done!
Post a Comment