What you need
- 16 ounce package of mushrooms. Button are fine, I used baby bellas.
- enough red wine to cover up the mushrooms.
- a few tablespoons of butter
- garlic salt.
What to do:
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. A lot of people don't wash their mushrooms, and you can do whatever you want, but I do. They grow in dirt and manure.
- Melt 2-4 T of butter in a big pan. Ah, go ahead, use 4.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to coat in butter, and give them a few minutes to cook down a bit.
- Pour the red wine over the mushrooms-almost to the top of them.
- Keep the mixure simmering to allow the wine to cook all the way off. This can take an hour+. Plan accordingly.
- When you think they are done, they're not. turn up the heat a bit and add garlic salt. I didn't measure how much. Taste test and add more as needed. allow them to cook some more and carmelize a bit. Steam your veggies and cook your steak now. (I don't know if mushrooms really do carmelize, but they get even more delicious).
- Serve. Good as a side and great on steak or other meat.
Post a Comment