Sunday, January 27, 2013

One Pan Wonder: Pesto Salmon and (Goat Cheese Pecan) Brussels Sprouts

I didn't take pictures since I was using someone else's recipe. But, this was amazing and I know I'm going to want it again!! I can usually remember most things, but not always times and temperatures, so I'll record those here. I also really love that it all cooks up in the same pan.

This isn't totally my own recipe, but I'm posting it here like a "recipe box" so I can refer back to it when I'm ready to re-create. And let me tell you it is worth re-creating!!

1. I prepared the brussels sprouts (almost) exactly as described here, on Kalyn's Kitchen. I put them in the oven and set the timer for 25 minutes.

2. I added salmon, lightly covered with olive oil, in the same pan, and set the timer for 5 minutes.

3. After 5 minutes, I flipped the salmon and topped each piece with 2 T. of homemade pesto. I reset the timer for 7 minutes.

4. Remove everything from the oven. I topped Kalyn's brussels sprouts with goat cheese-that was my only change, and ate with salmon.

IT WAS SO GOOD! And healthy to boot!

1 comment:

  1. I made these again and tossed the brussel sprouts with some balsamic vinegar in the serving bowl before eating. If possible, they were even BETTER!

    ReplyDelete