What you need:
-1 lb. meat, cut into strips
-1-2 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
-1 onion, cut into slices
-toppings--I used a chopped tomato, chopped cilantro, grated Mexican cheese blend and some Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
-1/4 C tequila
-1 T lime juice
-2-4 cloves chopped garlic
-2 T chopped cilantro
-sprinkle of red pepper flakes
-salt and pepper
What to do:
- Combine marinade ingredients and add meat. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 1-24 hours.
- Saute onions and bell peppers in oil, over medium-high heat, for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Remove vegetables into a bowl and saute meat until cooked. Discard marinade.
- Add vegetables back in, while heating tortillas.
- Assemble fajitas in tortillas and add toppings; enjoy!
A great way to use leftovers is to heat them up and serve over arugula-a healthy salad!
Circulon Contempo 12-In. Hard-Anodized Stir-Fry Pan (Google Affiliate Ad)