Sunday, January 22, 2012

Egg Muffins: Sausage, broccoli & peppers (this time)

These are the best for those of you, like me, who LIKE eggs and breakfast, but aren't so good about the whole waking-up-and-cooking thing. Delicious and good for you. I recommend making a bunch on Sunday night and having breakfast made for the week! This is the type of recipe you adapt to whatever is in the fridge.

Egg Muffins 
(inspired by Kalyn's Kitchen, http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html)


Here's what you need:
-eggs (I used 8 for a dozen muffins, depends on how much other stuff you cram in there!)
-meat-optional-I used some turkey sausage
-shredded cheese-I used spicy pepper jack
-veggies-I used leftover broccoli and diced bell peppers
-1 4-oz can diced green chilis


-spike seasoning, about 1 T.

What to do:
-preheat oven to 375
-spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray
-layer ingredients in tin: meat, cheese, veggies
-scramble eggs and green chilis and seasoning together. I hate scrambling eggs so I use the magic bullet thing, which is also easy to pour out of!
-pour eggs into tins. They should really only be about 3/4 full. My eggs were really frothy, and I probably could've gotten away with only 7!
-Cook for 25-35 minutes until set.

-If you make them the night before, allow to cool and then pack up in little bags for the fridge (or freezer, if you won't be eating them within the week) I find 2 muffins to be a delicious breakfast! If I wasn't bringing them to work, I'd probably top with a spoonful of salsa and a blob of sour cream.

How they turned out: I loved these, and I love that I have a healthy breakfast for the whole week! Every time I make them they are a bit different, so I don't get sick of them. Try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment