Sunday, January 8, 2012

Salmon topped with Pesto and Bell Peppers Wrapped in Foil

This is healthy and tasty! It was inspired by Kalyn's Kitchen.


What You Need:
-2 fillets of salmon (I have issues with fish scales so I love the individually packed, scale-free ones from Costco!)
-2 T. jarred or homemade pesto
-1-2 t. olive oil
-bell peppers: I prepared mine like this, but you could probably just saute some for a few minutes to soften them up a bit. I think raw might be a little too crisp, but let me know if you try it!
-parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
-aluminum foil

What To Do:
 -Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450, and put a baking sheet in to preheat. Lay 2 pieces of aluminum foil on top of each other and drizzle with olive oil.

-Set your salmon pieces on one side of the foil (so you can fold it over top when you're done). Spread pesto on the fillets, then put the peppers on top.

-Wrap the foil into a tight packet.

-Put on a preheated pan into the oven
-Let cook at 450 for 15-20 minutes. (The original recipe called for 15, but it still looked a little too pink, so I let it go for a few more!) Let it sit for a couple minutes and be careful unwrapping!
-Sprinkle with parmesan, gobble up!

Serves 2.

How it was/what I'd change:



I really love how the pesto and salmon tasted together! I might try it with sliced tomatoes on top when they're in season. I also love cooking in foil packets: easy cleanup and the house doesn't smell too fishy! This was a piece of cake! It goes great with some steamed veggies or a fresh salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment