Sunday, January 1, 2012

Taco mix, Also makes great salads!

This is one of my favorite things to make on a Sunday night: I'll have tacos on Sunday night and leftovers for tasty salads for much of the week! It's also quick, healthy, made with ingredients I always have on hand, and only dirties one pan! What more could you want?

What you need:
-1.25 lb. ground turkey
-1 can diced tomatoes, drained
-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-3/4 cup frozen corn
-1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
-taco seasoning 1/4 C or more to taste (not pictured! I forgot!)
If you're making tacos: taco shells, cheese, chopped lettuce
If you're making salads: salad greens of your choosing. I also make a "dressing" for it by mixing salsa with Greek yogurt.

What to do:
Use a big frying pan. Brown the meat, drain the fat. My taco seasoning says to add 1/4 C seasoning and 3/4 C water so that's what I do! Allow the seasoning to thicken.

Dump in the beans, tomatoes, green chili, and corn. Cook to heat through and cook off most liquid. Taste and adjust spices if needed.

Assemble your tacos or put a big scoop on top of some salad greens! That's it! This makes great leftovers: I always pack greens in one container, about a cup of topping in another, and some salsa/yogurt to dress. Then I heat up the toppings and dump it on-delish! I get a LOT of comments in the lunch room on this one!

How it turned out
I had thirds. And I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment